Most of us already know potato pancakes from our childhood days. In almost every country, it’s prepared differently. This recipe is very simple but german potato pancakes taste very good.
- 1000 g potatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 pcs eggs
- 3 tbsp flour (or more if needed)
- 10 tbsp oil
- 1 piece onion
- First, you peel the onion and the potatoes and then you grate them with a grater – not too fine but also not too coarse.
- Then put it in a large bowl and add the eggs, flour, salt, and pepper. Knead well with your hands.
- When the potatoes are not ready for use immediately, it is advisable to squeeze them out beforehand as they lose a lot of water – but they should still not be left standing for too long.
- Now the oil is heated in a pan. With a scoop, always add about one and a half scoops of oil to the pan and fry until golden brown on both sides.
Recipe by Ana
Photo by voltan1
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.