This simple low carb chicken curry is really a great idea. Very low in carbohydrates and rich in protein – of course it tastes great too.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 600 g – Chicken meat
- 100 g – Spring onion (1 bunch)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 200 ml cream (or coconut milk)
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- Wash the spring onions thoroughly and cut into rings. Chop the garlic into small pieces. Also chop the peppers.
- Then wash the chicken under running water and dry it with kitchen paper. Then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Roast the spring onion in a tablespoon of oil in a pan until lightly browned. Then add the meat and garlic to the spring onions and fry until cooked on the outside, but not all the way inside. Now add the paprika and curry powder. Brown everything until it is done.
- Add the cream and reduce the temperature a little. Season with salt and pepper. Instead of cream you can also use sour cream, crème fraîche or simply coconut milk. If you love the coconut taste, you can use coconut oil instead of oil for frying to get an even more intense taste.
- Put the curry in a bowl. If you like, you can add fresh coriander.
Preparation time 25 minutes Nutrition facts:
Carbohydrates 8 g
Protein 36,8 g
Fat 21,3 g
Recipe by Tanja
Photo by tycoon101
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.