With our delicious low-carb variant of a lasagna, you can enjoy a well-known pasta dish without using noodles. In this lasagne recipe, long and thin zucchini slices serve as a noodle substitute. This variation does not have to hide from a real lasagne. The combination of spicy tomato minced meat sauce and fresh zucchini, gratinated with cheese satisfy every wish.
500 gr courgette cut into long slices
500 gr minced beef
300 gr tomato sauce
1 onion (diced)
300 gr Mozzarella cheese in pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Fresh herbs (basil) to garnish
Prepare the sauce:
- Fry the onion cubes in a pan with olive oil until hot.
- After 5 minutes, add the minced beef and fry until done.
- Add the tomato sauce, lower the heat to medium and cover the pan with a lid. Let the sauce simmer for 10 minutes.
- To taste, add oregano, salt and cayenne pepper and stir well.
Prepare the lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C. Prepare a casserole dish.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise into slices about 0.5 cm thick.
- Place a layer of zucchini slices on the bottom of the casserole dish and spread a good layer of tomato sauce evenly over it and cover the sauce with a layer of cheese.
- Cover the sauce again with zucchini slices and repeat the steps until your ingredients are used up.
- Finally, cover everything with cheese.
- Now place the casserole dish in the oven for 45 minutes until the cheese is golden brown on the surface.
- Before serving, let the lasagne cool for about 10 minutes.
- Finally garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Preparation 15 minutes / Cooking 1 hour
Nutrition information per serving:
Photo by: Alex9500
Recipe by: hungerfreude
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.