If you want to impress someone, this cake is a real winner. The cake is not only visually awesome but also the taste is fantastic.
Ingredients for 12 portions
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar, plus sugar for the cloth
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest, (untreated)
- 100 g flour
- 20 g cornflour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 600 g strawberries
- 500 ml whipped cream
- two packs vanilla sugar
- two packs cream stiffener
- Cover a baking tray (40 x 30 cm) with baking paper. Beat the egg whites with 1 pinch salt and 3 tbsp cold water with the whisks of the hand mixer until stiff. Gradually add 120 g sugar and beat for another 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and egg yolk briefly at a slow speed. Sift flour, starch and baking powder on top and fold in.
- Spread the dough on the tray. Bake in the preheated oven at 210 degrees (convection oven 7 minutes at 190 degrees) on the 2nd rail from below for 8 minutes. Immediately turn over onto a tea towel sprinkled with a thin layer of sugar. Brush the paper with a little cold water and remove it. Roll up the dough plate with the help of the sugared cloth and allow to cool.
- Wash and clean 400 g strawberries and cut into thin slices. Whip cream, vanilla sugar, remaining sugar and cream stiffener until stiff. Roll the sponge cake apart, spread 2/3 of the cream on the plate, cover closely with the strawberry slices, press lightly into the cream.
- Roll up again with the help of the cloth and spread with the rest of the cream. Clean and halve the remaining strawberries. Garnish with the strawberries.
Preparation time 50 minutes Nutrition facts pro portion: Calories 260, Carbohydrates 28 g, Protein 4 g, Fat 14 g
Recipe by Julia
Photo by iuliia_n
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other source. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.