Would you like a burger, but not necessarily with meat? With this broccoli burger, you will be thrilled. Vegan broccoli burger with tahini dressing is vegan and super easy to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions if you have (without scallions is also possible)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can (400 g) of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
For Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 200 °C.
- Bring the water and the couscous to the boil in a small pot.
- Remove the couscous from the heat immediately and let it stand in the pot for 10 minutes, softening the water.
- While the couscous is sitting, steaming the broccoli in a steam cooker or oven for 5-7 minutes, you simply want the broccoli to become soft.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add the onion and scallions, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until the onion becomes soft.
- Remove the onions from the heat and stir in the cumin.
- Gather couscous, broccoli, onion, chickpea and tahini mixes and combine them in a mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and stir in the bread crumbs.
- Form it into pies and place the pies on a sheet of cookie foil.
- Bake for 50 minutes and turn the pies halfway. You’ll know they’re done when the tops turn brown.
- To make the Tahini sauce, put all the ingredients in a mixer and mix for about 30 seconds.
Have some burger bread, give salad as you like, add dressing and the burger is ready.
Recipe by Jenny
Photo by katrinshine
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe