It has taken me a few tries to find the optimal recipe for Falafel. Sometimes they were too firm, sometimes they fell apart. Finally, I found the optimal recipe for Falafel.
- 350g broccoli
- 50g chickpea flour
- 20g Sesame seed
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1,5 tsp cumin
- 1,5 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Let out the onions and garlic until they are golden yellow.
- Add broccoli, add some water and cook at low heat for approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Put everything in a bowl and crush the broccoli with a fork.
- Add spices and chickpea flour and mix well.
- Put the dough in the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- Form small balls by hand, roll them in sesame (optional) on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 200°C, bake on the middle shelf for 10 minutes, then turn once and bake again for 10- 12 minutes.
Recipe by Claudia
Photo by katrinshine
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe