A vegetarian walnut cutlet is a very unusual recipe. People who practice a vegan diet will surely enjoy this recipe. Others who haven’t tried it yet will be thrilled too.
- 250gr mixed walnuts – you can also use cashews, peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- 120gr fresh wholemeal bread, made into breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ pint vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons yeast extract
- 1 medium egg (leave out the egg for a vegan version).
- 120gr fresh breadcrumbs
- Herbs of your choice, as you like them. I used fresh basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Heat oil in a pot and sweat the onions until they are golden but not brown.
- Use a food processor to grind the nuts and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the broth and yeast extract to the boiling point, add the herbs and mix with the nut and breadcrumb mixture.
- Let cool a little and then add seasoning to taste. If you want to make the cutlets with eggs, now is the time to mix in the egg.
- Make 6 burger patties out of the mixture and spread them lightly in the second batch of breadcrumbs.
- Put the cutlets in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden.
- When frying, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the cutlets on each side for 3 minutes until they are golden brown.
Recipe by SparkPeople
Photo by Nikolaydonetsk
Submit Your Recipe!
Please remember! We cannot accept any recipes taken from a book/website/other sources. Remember that a reader should be able to take your recipe and cook from it without encountering any problems. End all recipes with a useful tip, e.g. an alternative ingredient you could use, something the dish goes well with, whether you can freeze it, etc.Submit Your Recipe